- Top U.S. officials will be speakers for a Fireside Chat on greater engagement of Africa’s private sector in the continent’s economic transformation. A Policy Roundtable will focus on shaping U.S.-Africa trade and economic policy.
- African Development Bank and African Export-Import Bank (Afeximbank) will serve as Collaborating Partners for the IGD Fall Forum.
- Forum to host the Africa investor (Ai) Development Finance-Institutional Investor Roundtable.
The Initiative for Global Development will hold its Fall Frontier 100 Forum on October 11-12, 2017, in Washington, DC, where African and global business leaders will convene to drive action on unlocking greater U.S. investment in Africa and African mid-sized companies for sustainable development and inclusive growth.
Under the theme “Growing the ‘Middle’: Investing in African Companies for the Continent’s Economic Transformation”, the Fall Frontier 100 Forum will offer insight and scalable solutions on spurring investment opportunities to grow African companies and forge stronger business relationships between investors and African private sector leaders.
The Frontier 100 Forum is an exclusive, invitation-only gathering of CEOs and senior executives and high-level officials from the IGD Frontier Leader Network.
WHEN / WHERE:
October 11, 2017
Rotunda room, Ronald Reagan Building, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC
October 12, 2017
Covington, One CityCenter, 850 10th St NW, Washington, DC
WHAT: Sessions that are open for media coverage.
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 11, 2017
4:30PM Fireside Chat
Mr. Robert A. Mosbacher, Jr., Chairman, Mosbacher Energy Company & Former President & CEO, OPIC
- Administrator Mark Green, Administrator, U.S. Agency for International Development
- Ambassador Donald Yamamoto, Acting Assistant Secretary, Bureau of African Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- Mr. Jonathan Nash, Acting Chief Executive Officer, Millennium Challenge Corporation
5:15PM Policy Roundtable: “Shaping U.S.-Africa Trade and Economic Policy to Improve Africa’s Investment Environment”
- Mr. Gregory Simpkins, Majority Staff Director, House Subcommittee on Africa
- Mr. Scott Eisner, Vice President, Africa Business Initiative, US Chamber of Commerce
- Mr. Merin Rajadurai, Chairman, Secretary of State Open Forum, US State Department
- Ms. Algene Sajery, Professional Staff Director, Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
6:15PM Reception, sponsored by the Africa Development Bank
Mr. Charles Boamah, Senior Vice-President, African Development Bank
THURSDAY, OCT. 12, 2017
9:00AM Opening Remarks
- Dr. Mima S. Nedelcovych, President & CEO, Initiative for Global Development
Dr. Witney Schneidman, Senior International Advisor for Africa, Covington & Burling LLP
9:10AM INVESTMENT DIALOGUE: Growing Africa’s ‘Missing Middle’: Investing in Dynamic African Companies
- Mr. Kenroy Dowers, Head of Corporate Development, Atlas Mara Ltd.
- Mr. Bunmi Akinyemiju, CEO and Managing Director, Venture Garden Group
- Mr. Hurley Doddy, Managing Director, Founding Partner, and Co-CEO, Emerging Capital Partners
2:00PM Africa Investor’s Development Finance-Institutional Investor Roundtable on Africa
The Africa investor (Ai) leaders roundtable will feature an institutional investor public partnership’s (IIPP) dialogue, led by Ministers of Finance, institutional investors and Development Finance leaders, on the products, policies and roles Development Finance Institutions (DFI’s) and policy makers can play, to facilitate greater institutional allocations to public and private markets in Africa and African infrastructure as an investable asset class.
- Mr. Hubert Danso, CEO & Vice Chairman, Africa Investor
- Mr. Nic Firzili, Director-General, World Pensions Council
- Mr. John Espinosa, Managing Director, TIAA Investments
- Mr. Chuck Burbridge, Executive Director, Chicago Teachers’ Pension Fund
- Mr. Symerre Grey-Johnson, Head, Regional Integration, Infrastructure and Trade Division, NEPAD
- Hon. Sfiso Buthelezi, Deputy Minister of Finance, Government of South Africa
- Mr. Joshua Franzel, President and CEO, Center for State and Local Government Excellence
- Mr. Gavin Wilson, CEO, IFC Asset Management Company
3:45PM Keynote: African Diaspora as a Market – Insights and Strategic Implications
- Dr. Benedict Okey Oramah, President and Chairman, Afreximbank
5:30PM Africa Investment Rising Celebration Reception
Learn more about the Africa Investment Rising campaign and enjoy listening stations to hear the latest Making Farming Cool! podcasts!
MORE INFO: For more information and to access the full program, click here and press release here. Media registration is required to cover IGD’s Frontier 100 Forum.
SOCIAL: Follow us on Twitter @IGDLeaders and Facebook at facebook.com/IGDLeaders. The event hashtag is #Frontier100.
CONTACT: To cover the Frontier 100 Forum, please contact Shanta Bryant Gyan * Initiative for Global Development (IGD) * email@example.com * 202-412-4603 * www.igdleaders.org
ABOUT THE INITIATIVE FOR GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT (IGD)
The Initiative for Global Development (IGD) is a network of African and global business leaders who are committed to advancing sustainable development and inclusive growth in Africa through strategic business investment. For more information, visit www.igdleaders.org.