Hiring a virtual assistant has many benefits for a budding entrepreneur or a small business owner. As such, the demand for remote workers has increased over the years. These days, you can choose to hire an individual or get a virtual assistant from an agency. But which option is better? Here are our comparison and the reasons why hiring a virtual assistant from a professional agency is our recommendation.
Most business owners that need to hire virtual assistants look for freelancers or individuals with the required set of skills to get the job done. This option is excellent because you can hire top talent at a lower cost. Usually, freelance assistants are paid on a per hour basis. But the problem is, it can be a hit or miss at times. Although most freelance work platforms screen applicants that want to work as virtual assistants, there are still many factors that come into play.
Hiring an agency for your virtual assistance needs
Hiring a professional agency may cost more in certain circumstances, but the benefits are worth the added expense. The process of hiring a freelancer can be time-consuming. If you want to simplify the hiring process and get it right the first time, then working with an agency is the perfect solution. So, what are the advantages of choosing a virtual assistance agency?
- Consultation service to get the right VA service. Agencies will schedule a consultancy to identify the virtual assistance needs of your business. The agency will also determine how many hours of work meets your needs and the right skill set for the assistant you’ll hire.
- Experienced and professional virtual assistants. Screening virtual assistant applicants is one of the hardest aspects of hiring. With an agency, you have the confidence to know that every virtual assistant that works for them is qualified and experienced.
- Up-to-date training. If you hire an agency, you don’t need to spend additional time training the virtual assistant. You can be assured that they have the skills to operate and use the latest apps and tools.
- A contract that benefits both parties. Working with a virtual assistant requires a contract. The good thing about working with an agency is that they can draw up a contract that will benefit them and the client. This contract also benefits the virtual assistant while at the same time ensuring the confidentiality of client information.
- Virtual assistants are paid well. Virtual assistants that work for an agency typically get paid more. Of course, an employee who earns more is happier and more content with the job.
It’s no secret that finding and hiring an excellent virtual assistant is a challenging task. If budget is a consideration and you can take on the challenge of finding an applicant, then a freelancer will work just as well. But if you don’t have time to spare and want to ensure quality VA service, then hiring an agency is the ideal route. Of course, it helps to compare each option depending on your business needs and expectations so that you can find the perfect match.